We target TeamCity 8.0 release for June, so we are approaching features finalization and polishing stage. This EAP build can give you a good overview of the major features coming in version 8.
- nested projects for presentation and settings propagation;
- human-friendly "external" ids for all the settings entities: projects, build configurations and VCS roots;
- meta-runner for reusing sets of build steps with custom UI (see example);
- health report for identifying configuration and other issues;
- DVCS-related improvements like support for reporting changes from Mercurial subrepos and filters for branches in triggers
This is not to mention significant improvements in cleanup procedure and tons of other fixes.
You can get details on the latest changes in the build's release notes and get the build to try on a test server.
If you are interested in any of the mentioned features, it's high time to try EAP and give us your feedback, so that we still have some time incorporating it into the final 8.0 version. BTW, if your thread in the forum does not get due attention from us, feel free to post a link to the comments of this post so that we get additional notificaiton.